An Intimate Affair with my Pelvis
Pelvis
Definition from Dictionary.com:
“A basin-shaped structure of the vertebrate skeleton, composed of the innominate bones on the sides, the pubis in front, and the sacrum and coccyx behind, that rests on the lower limbs and supports the spinal column.”
Definition from a Pregnant Woman:
“The gaping hole of the vertebrate skeleton consisting of a giant baby head”
I have been feeling quite a bit of what I can only describe as “pressure” these days between my legs. So much in fact, I want to grab my crotch and apply counter pressure to ease the discomfort. The best picture I can paint for you is a desire to hold myself like a small child would do so they don’t pee their pants.
Maybe all those kegel exercises feel like a nice scalp massage! I’m happy she favours the proper birth position, but geez kid, it feels like you’re about to fall right out!

4 Comments:
And she will...soon! Yippee!
I can only say I'm not looking forward to that time. I'm already having a hard time of this, and found out today I have sciatica, or something like that, which is from the baby laying right on my sciatic nerve and KILLING my left leg and butt cheek! Soon she'll be dropping! Then what? I'm so excited for you! Soon, soon, soon!
The end of pregnancy is always sooo uncomfortable! You'll be holding your baby girl in your arms soon! What is her name? Is it a surprise?
Not only is it uncomfortable but it seems to go slower!
Wow, I totally relate to your pelvic trouble. I have the same thing going on all the time! I told someone that sometimes it feels like I've been riding a horse for five days straight, and they gave me the weirdest look... Glad someone else is going through the same thing:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home