Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I Became Pregnant for Comic Relief

My wonderfully pregnant body experienced the effects of gravity in all its glory today.

My keys were on the floor. Deciding to attempt some form of sexiness while I retrieved them (although huffing and puffing every time I move is hardly sexy I suppose), I positioned my body in such a way that would give my husband a good view of my ass. I was fishing for compliments so I figured if I gave it a little wiggle, I might get a whistle out of it.

Did I achieve the level of sexiness I was hoping for? Absolutely not!

On my way down to reach for my keys, I literally toppled over from all the extra weight protruding out in front of me. I gave him a show alright! Too bad the rolly polly pregnant wife act is more suitable for the circus.

I’m starting to think I didn’t want to become pregnant because I actually wanted a child, but for the comic relief. The surprises of pregnancy just never seem to end.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Christi hollered...

You ain't seen nothin' yet, hunny! Just wait till she's out! The extra added bonus, though, is that soon you will not be the only one to laugh at. A couple of days after TJ was born, he woke up in the middle of the night and needed his diaper changed. I wasn't allowed to do it (it was my second trip back to the hospital, long story), so Trey got up to get it. Undoubtedly, TJ was not done with his business yet, and when Trey opened the diaper to change it, TJ pooped everywhere, all over him! Now that's hilarious! See, if you're lucky, Ava will make sure you get payback plus on all the laughs your hubby got while you were pregnant! (You could train her to do this while he's away at work, you know :).

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

I feel like a clown. Big feet. Big belly. Good to know that I'm not the only one finding some comic relief through the whole process! :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

Hi Karla:
I am a friend of your Mom in law, I know yuor husband and my name is Shirlie.
this is very interesting and it will be great when your Baby is older and can read it all.
I think you made the right decision about the Brest pump as now if you are away or not feeling well Mark can feed the baby and it will be familiar with the bottle nipple.
Good Luck and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
Shirile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home