Thursday, February 17, 2005

Epiphany

While admiring my recently bloomed amaryllis, I had an epiphany.



This flower grew amazingly fast. Sometimes two inches in one night! It took only a few weeks for it to reach its astonishing height and bloom into a beautiful flower from a meager little bulb.

Suddenly it occurred to me that one day I will be looking back on my daughters life, and realize that she too, like my amaryllis, grew and blossomed in the blink of an eye.

If only we could pause life every now and then to give us more time to enjoy and savor those special moments.


Thinking about how the speed of growth of my amaryllis is analogous to how fast life can come and go made me remember a quote from Cuppa’s blog.

More important than the length of life, is how we spend each day.
Maria A Furtado.

I hope I can remember this quote every day as I watch and be a part of my daughters amazing journey through life.


3 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger gina hollered...

i tried the book on the head, but shoot! they just keep getting bigger and bigger, these silly kids. what a sweet post! i do love amaryllis.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud hollered...

Yes, it all goes very quickly, but you are entering one of life's great phases. Enjoy it thoroughly.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

beautiful! :) we have an amaryllis only it fell over because it became too top heavy...but then you could say that there will always be obstacles in life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home