Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Trading UP!

Trading up is generally understood to be good thing. Some day, I hope to trade up our quant little three bedroom house in Suburbia Toronto to a larger four bedroom model to accommodate yet another addition to our family (Hint Hint…Nudge Nudge Babycakes!)

The thought of trading up for a larger salary always sounds enticing. I would even like trade up our two door Sunfire GT for a more convenient four door family style vehicle (although I bet my husband would call that trading down…he’s still waiting for his Trans-am). I would like to trade up my notebook computer for something more powerful. You can see how trading up can be quite a positive experience.

Today was no different. Today I had to trade up to a bigger size at the maternity store. Some of the pants I bought when I was 14 weeks pregnant can longer accommodate my expanding girth (picture the fine art of sausage stuffing). Although somewhat distraught with the fact my stomach is not the only expanding body part and that my hips are magically widening as well, I will take comfort in the fact that as I trade up in size, I now have a pair of pants that fit properly I now have some amazingly large breasts!

That is what puts a smile on my husbands face today!

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Christi hollered...

And are you suffering the pain the accompanies the growth in said area? If so, I feel you. My husband is quite pleased at the view, but can't have anything to do with them, b/c if he touches them I will shriek in pain! I decided to freak my students out a little today (perhaps scare them out of having babies themselves anytime soon!), and told them some of the things to expect from me. This would include the nose that grows across my face, the growing hips, thighs, feet and ankles. I went into lots of details about "the changes", and I never knew their attention spans were so active! We women are amazing people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home