Time is winding down
As I approach my seventh month of this pregnancy, I am noticing more and more with each passing day how my body has truly taken on a mind of its own in an effort to support the growth of my little baby.
Although my trips to the bathroom are about every 4.2 seconds and I seem to constantly have a sore and bothersome lower back, I have had it quite easy when comparing the symptoms of my pregnancy to those of others (and am truly grateful to have progressed so far with no complications and with little discomfort). Nevertheless, I am starting to yearn for the days when I will have my body back.
I tired quite easily these days. My 11 hour work day (with a commute factored in) is starting to take its toll. Thank goodness Crossword Puzzle Lady still offers me her seat every day. I don’t know what I would do without her acts of kindness every morning on my train ride commute downtown.
I am left with one final big project to complete before my departure. I am building an online web application that each of the “Six Big Banks" (Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank Financial Group, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank and National Bank) will use to compare their employment statistics amongst each other, as well as the Employment Equity statistics provided from Statistics Canada’s Census data.
It feels sort of surreal some mornings as I make my morning journey through the P.A.T.H. to get to my 30th floor office in the heart of the financial district downtown Toronto. Instead of going to work with the attitude and mindset of accomplishing a ridiculous amount of work, I now meander through the path at a slow pace feeling somewhat nostalgic about my surroundings like my days with them are numbered forever. Work has taken a back seat and my heart is just not in it anymore as I concentrate on taking care of myself and prepare for a newborn.

4 Comments:
I'm sorry to tell you, but you will never - NEVER - get your body back! Oh, sure, you may lose the baby weight, and be as svelte as you were pre-pregnancy, but your body, heart, and soul will be so wrapped up in your new little one, you won't be yours again. But it's so worth it!
I remember being at this stage of pregnancy and wanting only to put my baby down for fifteen minutes - that's all I wanted! A lousy 15 minutes!
It's been fun following along your new adventure, and I can't wait till we're all introduced to your cutie-patootie!
Parts of this are so funny. With your trips to the bathroom, your aching back, and tiring easily, you sound a lot like a late-fifty-year-old guy that I know. :)
Chris…You are so absolutely right, and I’m looking forward to every moment of it! I’m glad you’re enjoying my pregnancy tales. It has been a blast sharing them with blog land :)
Anvilcloud...You’re right! I think I do sound like someone familiar ;-). I just hope that my frequent peeing doesn’t lead me to discover a leak in my roof, or that I end up with a mouse in my pyjamas any day soon!
I have recently started getting tired really easily and having to use the bathroom, too. This is when it gets hard, eh? The fun part is trying to find some poor schmuck to watch my class every ten minutes so I can run to the bathroom! I told Trey I was going to work right up till the baby comes out today, but I'm pretty sure I won't make it even close to that!
Anyway, I'm so excited for you guys! One thing about your body...your face will probably get poofier. Why? Well, they say that smiling uses far less muscles than frowning, and I promise that the only time you will frown after April is when you have to leave your little ball of joy. I am having another one, b/c TJ is the most entertaining and wonderful little person I have ever met! I find it hard to believe he's mine sometimes! I feel quite sure he's going to go home to his real family, the funny and extremely intelligent one, one day.
I know what you mean about work. I still have four months or so left, and it has gotten increasingly harder each day. I know that I won't be going back after my second little miracle comes, and the excitement of just spending time with my two perfect children is about to make my head bust! I realize that your nostalgia and foot dragging is for a different reason, sorta, but once you see her, you will never want to go back!
Post a Comment
<< Home