Monday, January 10, 2005

Quack Quack....Waddle Waddle

It is official ladies and gentleman, my worst pregnancy fear has come true! I am starting to WADDLE!

I was making my usual morning trip to the kitchen at the office this morning, when one of my wonderful co-workers started to giggle behind me…”Oh my goodness Karla, it’s happening, you are starting to waddle!”

I begged and pleaded with my husband to let me know when this unfortunate turn of events started happening, so either he didn’t notice, or wanted to spare me the humiliation.

I have been sensing that my balance and coordination are changing. (I keep having these foolish daydreams of me giving up walking and taking up the art of "rolling" to my destination). I was sure I wasn’t walking as gracefully as in my pre-pregnancy days, but to have to accept that my body has surrendered to the proverbial pregnancy waddle at only sixth and half months pregnant is not easy on the ego!

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud hollered...

Embrace and revel in the waddle, for it is part of the process of giving life: of which I'm sure you justifiably grateful and proud. For all you know, you may never have the opportunity to waddle again, so waddle with pride and dignity and enjoy it thoroughly.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous hollered...

Dont feel to bad pumpkin, I waddle all the time.

Love ya anyway

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Christi hollered...

That sounds about right, I think. That's when I started with my first. Here, I'll make you feel better, though. I realized today as I walked down the hall that I, too, have begun to waddle. I think I grew another baby overnight! Now, at 6 1/2 mo. that's okay...When you're at 4 1/2 mo., that's very bad! Most of my friends have reassured me that you get bigger faster the second kid, but it's still very freaky! I was bigger than you in your last pics when you put them on here, and I just keep growing and growing and growing...Be excited! This is when you really get special treatment...It's way too obvious that you're prego now, so people start to look out for you. Take advantage, as it's the last time you're going to get ANY attention for a while (you have come to grips with the fact that you will no longer exist once the baby's born, right?). The waddle is cute...just wait till your ankles swell! Mine didn't until right at about 8 1/2 mos. and I lost it! They are not so cute!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Chris hollered...

Enjoy the waddle - you have a very precious burden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home