Friday, January 14, 2005

Preparing for Baby

First Trimester Accomplishments:

  • We were finally pregnant! And we conceived on a cycle where we decided to give “trying” a rest to BOOT! We needed a change because throughout the entire process of “baby dancing”, we were well behaved little baby making machines. There was no way I was going to pro-create life having my ass slapped and getting called a naughty little ….. OOPS! See what happens when you let your guard down for a second. Wouldn’t you know we finally got pregnant when we let loose and decided to let Mother Nature take her course! Sorry Baby Cadeau….we tried to keep it pure and innocent, but I guess it was never meant to be!
  • Husband is relieved to discover his “soldiers” really do work and to this day continues to wear a sheepish grin on his face and struts around proud as a peacock! Who knew how flattering it is to the male ego when they realize what their second brain is capable of.
  • Does hibernating for three months count as preparing?



Second Trimester Accomplishments:

  • Realized I wasn’t getting any skinnier, and bought maternity clothes.
  • Refused to give up my regular size underwear. My ass cheeks hang off the side WILL FOREVER FIT IN A SIZE SMALL!
  • Bought a crib, mattress and matching bedding and sheets (it has to all match because we all know your kid will grow up to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay retarded if the sheets don’t match)
  • Bought an “Assemble it Yourself” dresser kit at Walmart. Those things should be called “Make an Ass of Yourself” dresser kits! So much for trying to save some money. By the time we factored in the hours it took my husband to assemble the darn thing, we could have bought a whole furniture factory!
  • Bought a Graco MetroLite Lightweight Travel System. This travel system has more features and ergonomic this and that’s than I would have ever dreamed of. All so VERY important because we all know how hard it is to push something on wheels! The grocery stores should take some tips from these space age stroller designs. Where are the ergonomic handles on those grocery carts?

Third Trimester Accomplishments:

  • None yet as I am still a couple weeks shy of my final home stretch, but devouring every morsel of chocolate in sight is high on my priority list right now.

7 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud hollered...

"Who knew how flattering it is to the male ego when they realize what their second brain is capable of."

I think you may have reversed the first and second brains. :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Christi hollered...

Me too! My daily food intake consists of 20% food, and 80% chocolate! Okay, that's what it should be in my mind, but, thankfully it's not. Oh, did you break out like crazy? I have been again, as I did with the first. I didn't even suffer puberty like most teens, but now you would think I was a fifteen year old pizza! Thanks for reminding me that I need to go and find which carrier I want, and go ahead and get it. Don't buy too much stuff, b/c you still have your showers yet to have. If you know ANYONE, you will max out on stuff, and you'll get to take lots of it back so you can do even more shopping with other people's money (that was my favorite part!). Oh, and I'm decided now for sure that I will move to Canada, as for some reason it shocked me that you have Wal-Mart there (how else can they take over the world?), and that is a necessity of my existence. Lastly, we are convinced that TJ was conceived when we had one little "secret rendevous" at Trey's work one night in the parking lot under the restaurant. We'll be sure to tell him that. Who wants to hear that mom and dad were just doing a job? The weekend we went to the mts. to celebrate our anniversary is when I got sick with this baby. I was already a month prego, but I'll be sure to tell it that that is when I conceived it!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger karla hollered...

Hahahahah. Ohhh Anvilcloud…that was too funny. Upon some careful consideration, I think you are right, I had the two brains completey mixed up!

:)

Oh Christi…don’t get me started on the breakouts! too felt like a hormonal teenager all over again. My face is just started to return back to normal a few weeks ago (but of course then I was worried my hormones weren’t working properly and something must be wrong with the baby…us preggos can never win can we). I These pregnancy hormones can do some nasty things to our appearance!

My mom has been telling me to stop buying stuff, but I can’t help it...I just found out my shower will be the first weekend in March though…so I’ll have to hold off on my baby buying impulses until after that.

Oh…and Walmart…my beef with Walmart is that they DO NOT have a Canadian web site to shop online! They are on every street corner here, but no web site (well you can view their “online flyer” but that hardly counts)! I just don’t understand. Mark actually wrote Walmart a letter to complain about that. Their US site is great…we just cant understand why they don’t port over that technology for their Canadian inventory.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger karla hollered...

Thank you StarryEyed! I feel so foolish not including the actual birth of my child as a third trimester accomplishment! I’ll blame that oversight on the hormones ;)

I’m glad you enjoyed Mark’s little movie. He absolutely LOVES his new digital camcorder (and I’m camera shy, therefore, its taking me a while to get used to it). I have no doubt he’ll be by my side every step of the way. He better be! He agreed to be my labour coach! :)

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger karla hollered...

Hi Katt
The video is on Mark's blog (http://daemoncain.blogspot.com/) He has a post called "Movie Day!" and another one called "Live Inside Deamon Cain's Brain". He certainly loves his new digital camcorder! Anything electronic with lots of buttons and cords makes that man happy!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Christi hollered...

Can't you just order from the US Wal-Mart sight? Oh, and I thought of something I wanted to get you for a baby gift the other day. Then I thought you may not want to freely hand out your address. So, I'll try to zap it to you mentally.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger karla hollered...

Christi...I think I got your mental zapping! Was it some extra sanity? I think I might need it until I get used to having a newborn :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home