Naming Baby
My earlier post about Crazy Baby Names described some of the more shocking and absurd names that I have heard of. That was my comic relief from the stressful task of trying to find a name suitable for a human being I have never met!
We spilled the beans over the holidays about the sex of the baby. It was just too much to keep a secret any longer. I still maintain however, that even though the Ultrasound Technician thinks it’s a girl, there is a still a chance she was wrong.
My gut in the beginning was “boy”. I have even dreamed I met our child. I saw his face. He was definitely a boy…but now I don’t known what to think anymore. There are too many conflicting opinions and my gut feelings are nowhere to be found anymore, so for now, its wait and see.
Nonetheless, here is where we stand with names. We made it through the boys list (but still have a ways to go at shorting the list and finding middle names as well). We haven’t quite finished the girls list. We have one name picked out, but all you need is one!
Boy Names:
Braeden
Carson
Carter
Conner
Cooper
Dawson
Drake
Draven
Ethan
Gibson
Haden
Jaxon
Jaxson
Marcson
Nate
Nolan
Quentin
Girl Names:
Ava Marie Cadeau
Ultimately, we would like to have about 3 names for each gender. That way, if the one name we pick just doesn’t work once we meet face to face for the first time, we have a couple to fall back on.

1 Comments:
Yeah, the fun part is finding a name you like, then finding another name you like for the middle name. Then you have to make sure that they sound right together...they must flow, right? Then you have to make sure they sound right with your last name. Then you need to make sure that it's something that sounds like something you would name your kid. For instance, I would never name my child Loretta or something, b/c I couldn't imagine having a child named Loretta Pitchford! I love trying to find names, although there are a lot of them that I love, just wouldn't give to my child. You're lucky your husband is so involved. Mine doesn't like to think of any, just veto the ones he doesn't like!
Post a Comment
<< Home