Friday, January 28, 2005

Daily Activity Report Card

When awakened by the cat purring and licking my head at 5:18 in the morning, grumpily pushed him off the bed muttering, “Goofball, go harass your father”. (-2 )

Was gently awoken by the gentle touch of my husband this morning as opposed to the relentless beeping of an alarm clock. (+3 )

Mood turned grumpy when I realized I had to venture out in the cold to drive him to the train station. (-1)


Cursed out loud when the car doors where frozen shut. (-1)


Cursed even more at broken automatic garage door opener for crapping out on us in the middle of a Canadian winter deep freeze. (-1 )

Ate a healthy twelve grain bagel with peanut butter and had a glass calcium fortified orange juice for breakfast. (+5)

Had a hearty helping of chocolate for breakfast dessert. (-2)

Did my daily treadmill workout. (+8)

Rewarded my workout with a giant rice krispi square.
(-3)

Noticed how disgusting one of the metal things looked underneath the stove element and decided to do something about it. (+3)

Switched the grubby metal thing with the clean one from the back of the stove (out of sight, out of mind has been my motto as of late)!
(-1)

Tidied up the kitchen, actually emptied the dishwasher (instead of using it as the primary source for clean dishes), reloaded it with the stack of dirty dishes in the sink and ran a
load of dishes. (+4)

Decided to have a nice relaxing bath, complete with lots of fluffy bubbles. (+4)

Screamed like a banshee after stepping into icy cold water after the dishwasher robbed the hot water tank of all its warm water. (-2)

Did four loads of laundry. (+7)

Left the last load in the dryer because I’m too lazy to fold it. (-1)


Left the second last load of clean clothes in a pile of the floor because I am even lazier than you think. (-2)

Took note of how dirty our entrance hallway has become from all the dirty and messy winter boots entering the house. Made a mental note we need a mat at the doorway. (+3)

Due to my recent condition called the Pregnancy Stupids, quickly realized mental notes and lists mean absolutely nothing. Decided to leave the mess on the floor and threw down an ugly frayed orange towel instead. (It will just be messy again tomorrow anyways....) (-4)

Developed a hankering for something salty. Realizing that I am not a happy camper when my cravings are not fulfilled, I decided to be proactive about my hunger and quickly waddled
to the kitchen to see what I could inhale to satisfy my craving. (+3)

Realizing there was nothing to eat, I bribed my husband to go out in the cold and find me something. (-4)

Decided I was tired around 9:30 and went upstairs to get ready for bed. Not fighting my fatigue and getting a good nights rest was the responsible thing to do for mom and baby. (+6)

Skipped flossing because (surprise surpise) it takes too much effort. Decided instead to use Listerine (even though their slogan that it’s just as good as flossing has been disproved and they are being taken to court about it). (-3)





Well it looks like my score is still on the plus side of the number spectrum. I'll salute my efforts with an A+.



2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud hollered...

Very creative. Oddly enought, I am visiting relatives in your town right now. It's quite nice being able to acccess their high speed wireless network after such a long spell on a very slow dialup connection.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Christi hollered...

Hooray for you! I may have to try this sometime and see if I come out in the plus. I never really think too much about those lazy moments counting against my day. I just focus on the fact that I did some good things. I think if you finished 7 loads of clothes, and dishes, you ROCK! (tee hee, that will very likely change in a few months!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home