27 Week Roundup
Baby: Heavyweight champ weighing in at about a whopping 2lbs.
Kicking: Like a black belt Karate Master! Baby knows mom loves watching her move around and tries to guess what body part she is seeing. For spooks, likes to send mom telepathic images of the movie “Tremors”.
Mood: Sarcastic! (See above).
Latest Development: Aside from recently mastering the cha-cha and several new karate moves, apparently baby has opened her eyes, and can respond to a light source! Not one to forgo an interesting experiment, mom now enjoys shining a flashlight at her belly. Baby never humours her attempts to witness a response to the light and lies perfectly still while mom tries to communicate with light signals.
Mom: Growing and Growing and Growing...
Kicking: The sheets off at night…am I going through Menopause too? These hot flashes are too much!
Mood: Mixed. At present, an overwhelming desire to have her own body back, yet still excited she is the vehicle that will bear new life into her family in a short time.
Latest Development: A
Dad: Super Hero as always (that will never change).
Kicking: (and cursing) when yet another baby item requires assembly or 43 000 D batteries. Why does everything baby require so many batteries?
Mood: Impatient. Dad was ready to be done with this pregnancy at about week six. Sounds like someone is excited to meet their daughter!
Latest Development: Officially awarded the title of “Master Assembler of all Baby Equipment”. This award was humbly accepted through clenched teeth and an artificial smile.

1 Comments:
If you aren't liking the battery thing now, you may want to reconsider this whole parenting thing. TJ's kitchen we got him for Christmas took 13 batteries...Yes, that's right 13 batteries! Two of them are already almost dead, too! It only gets worse! I am very pleased, though, that I get to avoid most of that assembling stuff, as I still have most of the stuff from TJ, already put together. Is it you that got the title of Master Assembler? If so, kudos! I had to put everything together for TJ, too. I even painted his room at 8 months. It feels kinda good to be one of those pregos that can still get along just fine, doesn't it? Congrats, and I can't wait till I can start shining flashlights at my tummy! No doubt TJ will suddenly find the baby in Mommy's tummy very exciting then! Isn't this fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home