My Letter to Santa
Dear Santa, Season's greetings from Karla and Mark! It's been a while since we’ve chatted…about a year now I guess! It’s that time again to bring you up to date on how we've spent the past year. It’s been a busy one! January got off to a great start! We were happy newlyweds well rested from our honeymoon in Couples Negril Jamaica and finally recovering from the whirlwind year and half of Wedding Planning. We both quit smoking and decided to make a baby! Who would have thought the miracle of life was such a long and trying process? Around March, we decided it was time for another vacation and before we knew it, we had booked a week long getaway in June to SIN CITY! Neither of us gambles, but we had never been to Vegas and had to experience what many describe as an “adult playground”. Since our vacation was another three months away, we decided to keep ourselves busy and buy a house. In April of 2004, we found a wonderful house to call home. Our closing date was not until August, but that afforded us months of planning and organizing and of course, penny pinching to ensure we had that “10%” down payment. We spent endless hours getting excited about painting and decorating. Finally, June arrived and our Las Vegas adventure began. It was HOT in the desert in June, but it was a fun filled holiday or sight seeing, amazing production shows, food, drinks, night life, chartered flights to the Grand Canyon and of course, the Fountains of the Bellagio! The Bellagio fountains brought a tear to my eye and sent shivers down my spine. They are one of the most magical and whimsical events I have ever seen. They entrance, captivate and move you all at once! August arrived, and so did the news I was pregnant. I was FINALLY PREGNANT! This was also the month we were to finally move into our new home as well. We were overjoyed with all the good news and events surrounding us. The move into our new house went smoothly and our parents were ecstatic about the news of becoming grandparents. In October, Mark received an attractive job offer at a software company in Toronto. Although he hesitated at first about making such a bold career move while his wife was pregnant with a new mortgage looming over his head, the decision to move on was one of the best decisions he has ever made. He can now sleep at night, and has a renewed vigour about him like a giant weight has been lifted from his shoulders. All of a sudden December was upon us and were shopping for presents and getting ready for Christmas. Seeing that this will be our first Christmas in our new house, we decided to host the Christmas dinner and are now spending the last few days of the year finishing up last minute gift shopping and getting the house ready for our beloved family to join us to celebrate the season of joy and merriment. We hope this letter finds you well Santa. We are not asking for anything this year as we have received everything we could possibly want. We are both happy and healthy and have enjoyed an extraordinary year of events. We have a lovely new home, and are about to start our family. What more could we want?
|

2 Comments:
I'm so happy for you that you have everything you could want! I liked your letter...as I'm sure Santa did, too!
This is in reference to your comment to me:
A: I have only gained two pounds, but I still have a TON left from the first baby, as I was quite lazy. As a matter of fact, I had just begun to be successful on a new diet (I had lost 15 pounds) when I found out I was prego. Also, I did something similar the first time, until the 7th month, when my need, not urge--NEED--, for Mexican food took over and I gained about 10 pounds that month!
B: Why would you not have to pay to go to the doctor? I mean, unless you were on Medicaid, and that's only for poor people.
Post a Comment
<< Home