Friday, November 26, 2004

The Power of an Image

The other day I was talking to my friend Nina, who recently had her engagenment photos taken. Her photographer has an amazing talent of capturing emotion in her photography.

I’ve always wondered how you can capture emotion in a still photograph. I’m sure it has a lot to do with how the photo affects you personally and what is currently going on in your life and how you relate to the image, but nonetheless, there are photos out there that have a certain something that draws you.

I thought I would share with you an image I recently came across on the Pampers web site.
Something about the way this woman is holding her stomach (as though she is gently caressing her baby), the play of light, and image of her serene sleeping baby snuggled in close to her send a wave of emotions running through me.



I think of this image several times a day. Perhaps I am imaging this is the position my baby is sleeping, or that my baby feels as peaceful as how the baby in the images looks. In any case, this image has certainly tapped a well of emotions. It is fascinating how a photo or am image can be so powerful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home