Is it a boy or a girl?
I think that’s the question I am most often asked. Of course, I haven’t been for an ultrasound yet…so there has not been an official prediction, but I have a hunch.
I have always had a gut feeling, even before I was pregnant, that I would have baby boys. I also always refer to the baby right now as “he” when I talk about him. I think I read somewhere that a mother’s instinct about the sex of her unborn child is correct about 70% of the time. That’s quite amazing as far as I am concerned.
Of course, gut feelings and ultrasound predictions can be wrong. I can’t help but chuckle when I think of my friend Colin. His mother was told by an ultrasound technician that he was going to be girl. His mom DECKED OUT the nursery in pink, and of course, adorned anything baby related with the colour pink. Imagine her surprise when little Colin was born. He’s still mortified to this day with stories of wearing pink sleepers and living in his pink baby kingdom.
Lets not forget the old wives tales to that are supposed to reveal the sex of your baby.
Check out these crazy wives tales.
I am carrying the extra weight
Out front.
Around the hips and bottom.
The hair on my legs is growing
more quickly than before I got pregnant.
the same as before I got pregnant.
I am carrying my baby
high.
low.
I sleep in my bed with my pillow to the
north.
south.
My feet are
colder than before pregnancy.
the same as before.
I
refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
prefer the heel.
The Dad-to-be is
gaining weight right along with me.
is not gaining weight.
My mother's hair color is
gray.
not gray (natural or dyed).
I had morning sickness early in my pregnancy:
Yes.
No.
I am looking
particularly good during pregnancy.
not so good.
During pregnancy, my chest development has been
quite dramatic.
no too dramatic.
My age at the time of conception was:
Conception took place in the month of
Hang a thread with a needle over your belly. The thread moves
in circles.
from side to side.
My urine is a
bright neon yellow color.
dull yellow.
I have been craving
sweets.
salty or sour food.
My nose has
spread during pregnancy.
stayed the same.
I have been craving
meats and cheese.
fruit.
The baby's heart rate is
above 140 beats per minute.
140 or less.
Mom's feelings towards orange juice?
Doesn't like OJ.
Must have orange juice every day.
I am having headaches.
Yes.
No.
My abdomen looks like a:
Watermelon.
Basketball.
If someone asks you to show them your hands, you:
Show them palm up.
Show them palm down.
How do you pick up a mug?
Handle.
Body of the mug.
I tried this test (
http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html) and it said I have a 60% chance of having a girl, and a 40% chance of having a boy. So I guess we’ll see if gut instinct is right, or if those wives tales have any truth to them in a couple more weeks when I go for my ultrasounds.
In any case, the gender really doesn’t matter. As long as the baby is healthy, I’ll be happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home