Baby’s First Pictures
Wow! Today hubby and I went for our first Ultrasound. What a moving experience. We finally had the opportunity to meet our baby up close and personal and the baby looks dandy! I thought hearing the heartbeat for the first time was the most amazing experience, but that was nothing in comparison. Our baby is a wonderful compedium of vertebrae, assorted kidneys, and enough arms and legs to take it wherever its four chambered heart desires. We were even able to make out the cutest little facial profile you can imagine. My husband and I think the baby has my nose. The ultrasound tech did provide us with her gender prediction, but we’re keeping that a secret ;-).
See if you can guess….
Meet Baby Cadeau
Profile view from the back
Waving Hello!
So thats the feet I've been feeling kicking me in the gut!!
And now for the bad news….aside from everything looking absolutely perfect with the baby, there was one concern. My placenta is quite low, which means that it may be in the way of my cervix. As the pregnancy progresses, however, it is common for the placenta to migrate (a misleading term, since the placenta does not actually fly south for the winter). With the growth of the uterus, the placenta is pulled safely away from the cervix. After 20 weeks of pregnancy, placenta migration is less likely and something the doctors will watch closely. The name for a low lying placenta is placenta previa. It happens in about in every 250 pregnancies. I am trying to be very optimistic, but this is a serious concern because of the risk of heavy bleeding (which can happen during pregnancy and labour). The baby is more likely to end up in a Breech position as well. A breech baby, combined with increased risk of bleeding means a scheduled caesarean delivery would more than likely be performed and going into labor is a no –no.
I’ll be able to discuss this issue in more detail with my OB in a couple of weeks at my next appointment. Until then, I’m going to try not to worry about it. For now, my husband and I are overjoyed about our first baby pictures and finally having peace of mind that our new family member is flourishing and healthy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home