The Husband with "Pregnant Wife Instinct"
Ok ok…I know a lot of time has passed since I found out I was preggo…about three and half months, but I can honestly say there wasn’t much to write about in that time. With the first trimester nausea and tiredness behind me, I can honestly say I’m starting to feel like a real human again.
A whole bunch of important dates happened while battling through the woes of morning sickness (and a nasty head cold). The first big date was the day we moved into our new house. I was as useless as two left thumbs that day, with the help of our families though; we managed to get most of our boxes unpacked in one day!
The next big date for hubby and I was our 1 year anniversary. Of course, being a crabby AND a sick pregnant lady who caught the worst cold in the world, I was content to spend our anniversary weekend sleeping. My poor husband…he was so understanding, and a tremendous help while I was sick.
And last but not least, my birthday rolled around a few days after our anniversary. We celebrated in bed with a bowl of chocolate ice cream. And hubby even let me rent Beethoven’s 4th! He must have really been feeling for me because he HATES those kinds of movies.
Celebrations and milestones behind us (at least for a while) and the first trimester here and gone, things are going really well. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He is always a big help around the house and very supportive of everything I do, but throughout this pregnancy so far, he has been an absolute angel from heaven.
We’ve all heard of “Mother’s Instinct”, but let me tell you, my hubby has “Pregnant Wife Instinct”. It’s TRUE!Above and beyond all the help around the house he already did, he actually notices dishes on the counter, crumbs that need to be cleaned and a dishwasher that needs emptying. This is absolutely amazing stuff! You see, hubby isn’t the type of guy who usually notices stuff like dirty dishes or counters that need to be whipped. Those sorts of things have always sort of been tuned out. I haven’t decided yet however if his “Pregnant Wife Instinct” powers are those of wanting to help out around the house, or those of feeling it is NECESSARY to help out around the house while there is a pregnant woman marching around with about a billion new hormones kicked into high gear just waiting like a time bomb to go off. Either way, his extra help, always knowing the right things to say and his endless love and devotion have been a pillar of support for me thus far.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home