Houston, We Have a Heartbeat!
Last week, I had the most fortunate opportunity to finally hear my little baby’s heartbeat! What an amazing sound that was!
It was my first visit at the OB’s office. I was tremendously relieved upon meeting my new doctor to find out I felt completely at ease and comfortable with her.
The machine they use to listen for a heartbeat is a called a Doppler. I guess the heartbeat isn’t quite strong enough to be heard by stethoscope yet. I was overjoyed the minute she put the Doppler on my belly and we instantly heard a good strong heartbeat. It only lasted for a split second though. I was told my baby is quite active and she had to keep chasing him to hear the heartbeat. She would actually poke on my stomach to get him to move closer to the Doppler machine.
I think it’s so amazing that my baby is already responding to being poked at.
The sound of my own baby’s heartbeat was the best thing I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. It was the first real assurance that there is in fact a real person (albeit a super tiny person) living and growing inside me. It was an eye opening experience that I will never forget.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home